Saturday, June 12, 2010

Not to Eat...

In about 8 hours I'm going to be very happy: it's been like final exams all week with so much work, but it's wrapping up with a wedding tonight.  Then I'll be having a drink at one of my favorite tapas places and coming back to this Dewberry Sugar Scrub.  I just hope no one eats it before I get home!
This recipe from Martha Stewart calls for 2 cups sugar,
1 cup oil (I used grapeseed),
8 drops essential oil for scent and 1 drop of food coloring.
I used a little more sugar (around 1/3 cup more) and a lot more scent (a few times the amount called for), but it all came together.
So, I'm glad this will be waiting for me when the day is done. 
Happy Saturday!


11 comments:

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Nice and easy! Will give this a try. Love the pink color too, so pretty.

Angelica said...

what a nice little treat after a long day from work. HOpe the wedding went well!

Gypsy said...

This is one of my favorite "recipes"! I like to vary the scent each time. I also like to blend Apricot Kernel oil as well since it's light and carries scent well. Jojoba oil is very good for absorbtion and for skin, but rather pricey. The last one I made was a blend lemongrass and peppermint. Very fresh! One note that I have found, the organic sugar granules are slightly more defined, so you get a bit more scrubbing action - but they aren't bleached, so the colors don't end up as pretty...food for thought!

Craftiness NOW said...

thanks, tris1978ton! you know i haven't gotten to use it yet, maybe tonight.

hi anjelikuh, thank you, yes, it went quite well, phew!!

wow, Gypsy, thanks for all the tips. i didn't go for the organic sugar this time, wanted to see what it was like before i sprung for the "good" stuff ;-) and i've been thinking of what oil to use next, i like the sound of the apricot!

Thavasa said...

Thanks for sharing this, I'm never good at cafty things, but reading your post gives me so many inspiration, I want to try them as well!!

Craftiness NOW said...

thanks, Thavasa! i think making them is soothing and then using them too :-)

Small Burst said...

super idea! Love this and of course i'll be trying it this weekend! BTW I'm adding you to my blogroll!!

Craftiness NOW said...

hi Small Burst, aw, thanks for the blogroll love :-) maybe u'll be posting about scrubs next!

MadsaboutU said...

Hi jen, I wish I have the time to do this...I am so crazy busy I really need it right now. This seems so good I can almost taste it, oops...feel it on my skin I mean.

Craftiness NOW said...

haha, hi MadsaboutU, yea, i think i've been so busy i might try to multi-task a bath and a snack ;-)

Craftiness NOW said...

hi Ashley, ha, yea, i know, tough choice ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...