Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Big Hair for the Big Event

Happy National Craft Month!  Here's a postscript to my last post about the big birthday party: got these pics from the hairstylists today and they're way better than my cellphone shots.
The talented (and patient!) team from Julien Farel worked their genius on 14 ladies and 89 guys, including a few on-site haircuts!  
Rachael and I were playing the part and standing up straight for the photos.  I feel like I could've gone to the Oscars with this updo!
At the end of the night I counted 34 bobby pins: haven't had that many in there since my ballet recitals.
On a random note: this amigurumi penguin I made in 2009 reminds of my current Droid Pro distraction: Angry Birds!  I think this little guy would do a good job on those piggies.
And finally I have full wireless computer & internet access, including LogMeIn to access my whole work computer from home.  Now I'm not tech-savvy at all, but to me this is incredible!  Can't wait to revisit all of your sites again and see what you've been up to.  Thank you, Supersum Technology Group, this will change my life!

7 comments:

serenadeveryday said...

OH that updo looks so elegant and pretty. How long did it take? Was it heavy the whole night? 34 bobby pins is a crazy amount! {*WOW} I don't think I've ever had that many pins in my hair.

Your little amigurumi penguin is so adorable. It does remind of me Angry Birds. I'm ready to destroy some piggies.

<3 s.

k said...

my friends just dressed up as angry birds for carnival...it was so funny :) :)

Helen said...

Your hair looks beautiful!!!

Small Burst said...

wow. your hair looks amazing. Did it take long? Beatuiful!

Craftiness NOW said...

hi serena! yes, it took quite a while, we had to rush along since there were so many staff to get through. and thanks for the penguin comment, i am OBSESSED with those crazy, angry birds...

Krystal, ha, that's kind of awesome, did they look angry or just cute?

thanks, Helen! it took a while, but it was worth it, i felt very asian elizabeth taylor ;-)

thanks so much, Small Burst, it was quite a process!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE big hair and I love the way yours looked! Maybe it's because I'm a Texas girl or because it's just universal that more volume is better, but big hair will always be a win for me.

Craftiness NOW said...

hiya eclecticlife, thanks for visiting. big hair was definitely key for this event, i didn't even know mine could get SO big!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...