Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sing To Me

It's somewhat random post time: I'm thoughtful today, grateful, happy. It's been a good day. I had some potentially very good news, personally and professionally at about the same time.  But I also have some friends who are going through some extremely difficult times, unspeakably sad things that no one should have to go through. And they introduced me to some music that is helping me a lot this week, so here are some videos to ponder.  Nice beach scenes too.  Can you believe summer is almost over?...
Tori Amos: Taxi Ride 
("we've all been pushed too far, i guess on days like this 
you know who your friends are")
The Young and Famous: Young Blood
("we're only young and naive still, we require certain skills. 
the mood it changes like the wind, hard to control when it begins. 
the bittersweet between my teeth, trying to find the in-betweens. 
fall back in love eventually.")
Band of Horses: Funeral
("to know you is hard")
Yellowcard: Sing to Me
[no video here, just the song, but the lyrics mean a lot to me right now]
("look at me and listen close so i can tell you how i feel before i go. 
just a year, it's not much time for me to show you i am proud 
that you are mine. 
i wish i had known the future in my heart was just about to start. 
say tomorrow, i can follow you there...
i will hear you, always near you...
every lock on every door, i put them there to try to hide you from the world. and you kicked, you screamed, you never understood 
you're everything to me...
no looking back when i am gone, follow your heart it's never wrong...
out of time, all out of fight, you're the only thing in life that i got right")

3 comments:

yanil said...

loving this blog Jen!

thenewyorkerstyle.com

Craftiness NOW said...

thanks, sweetie, can't wait to see the show with u saturday!!

Helen said...

Such good music! Wishing you best of luck on the good news.... can't wait to hear more details ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...