Thursday, December 9, 2010

Haul Out the Holly

It's a busy party day in NYC: lots of events going on all over and I've got 5 to prepare for today.  So, what better time to make 2 dozen holly corsages for the waitstaff to wear?  Anyway, I started crafting and blogging last year during the busiest work month possible, I guess it's a thing for me.
It took quite a large bunch of holly to get enough nice sprigs with berries on them.
And of course I got stuck a little bit separating them out.  And there was definite manicure damage during the process of hot gluing safety pins to each bunch.
But I put on the Glee Christmas Album while I was working to put myself in the holiday mood and now all the waiters' jackets are festive.  And here's a peek at my other purchases from the flower market for my next project...happy holly-day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i would love to get lots of fir in a garland and go crazy making a wreath with holly and herbs!

Craftiness NOW said...

hi Hearthandmade, definitely, go for it! i'd love to see it :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...