Wednesday, January 5, 2011

11 Craft-O-Lutions for 2011

"For last year's words belong to last year's language 
and next year's words await another voice." -- T.S. Eliot

I'm loving the New Year's Resolution Reviews popping up, from Heart Handmade, Sandy A La Mode and others, so I've made a few changes around here: a Facebook fan page, Tweets and more event listings.  Let me know if you hear about any more!  Here's what I want to do in 2011:

1) Ballet classes, took the 2nd one in 6 years last week at Peridance, very inspired by Black Swan!
2) Cello lessons again, it's been about 11 years now! also very inspired by this Korean horror movie
3) Jewelry class, maybe at Make Workshop or 3rd Ward
4) Sell something at a craft fair, so many to think about, now what to make??
5) Cake decorating, been years since I've done this too, so I got my last bday cake at Magnolia 
6) Get another flower arranging job, cause the first was lots of work, but really fun
7) Visit event vendors: like a bakerfloriststationerdesigner...and a few others I have in mind...
8) Get another tattoo: already chose the place, thinking about the design
9) Sew a dress
10) Keep cooking, cause starting this year off with Korean dumplings was pretty tasty
11) And do a better job of keeping in touch cause, well, it just all around makes me happy
Good luck with your resolutions, crafty or otherwise!

14 comments:

Gina said...

So ambitious! Mine is only not to leave dirty dishes in kitchen sink overnight :p

Sandy a la Mode said...

i LOVE your resolutions! and i have many of the same! :) i wana cook more, make jewelry and maybe do a craft show too!!

Craftiness NOW said...

hi gina! i must say i'm NOT up to that goal yet, haha...btw, i WANT A SHIBAL INU!!

thanks, Sandy, looks like it'll be a good year for us, yayyy!

Creative Coquette said...

Happy New Year!!! I wish you loads of good crafty fortune and happiness.

I gave up making "resolutions" years ago. Although, this year I am focusing deeply on one thing (maybe then it will actually be accomplished fully). I think I have ADD when it comes to resolutions. Your Craft-O-Lutions are inspiring me however, to really actually stick to this one goal. If you can have 11 for 2011 I surely can manage 1 :P

Unknown said...

I would love to play the cello!! I almost took lessons in high school then the thought of carrying it on the bus.. No thanks! Lol I stuck with the piano.

I am also wanting to sew a dress! I found a couple on clothing websites I want to make and been driving myself crazy trying to find patterns! I think I'm going to make it part of my thrifty resolution =)

Also.. I would probably scream and then faint if someone told me I could go on a cake decorating course! Although I'd probably eat everything as I go

Unknown said...

Happy 2011!

What fabulous resolutions! Keep me posted if you participate in a craft show- I'd come. Good luck!

Is it terrible that I haven't even made resolutions yet?!

Percy Handmade said...

I'm definitely with you on #9 - Sew a dress! One of my goals too! I have never sewn a dress before but I'm committed to making one all by myself... whether it will look any good or even fit is another story though =)

Great resolutions and great read!

Craftiness NOW said...

hi Creative Coquette, ooo, one big resolution, i'm intrigued. good luck with keeping up with it! i have a.d.d. just in general, so that's why i'm trying 11, haha.

hi Hearthandmade, i played piano too! so u didn't carry it on the bus? ;-) it was funny carrying a cello around in college, someone once asked me if it was a violin! looking forward to seeing a dress from you this year, and hope you get to eat some cake soon!

awww, Koru Kate, thanks for rsvp'ing to a craft show in advance! FABULOUS to see u last night, u have been a busy, busy lady, NO resolutions 4 u this year ;-)

thanks, percy handmade! i've seen some reallly simple patterns where you only have to sew a few seams, like this!
http://www.marthastewart.com/article/elegant-and-easy-dress
i think we can both handle that, right?? i started measuring myself and got confused just by that, but then started looking for fabric, hmmm...

Percy Handmade said...

Oh i like that pattern! Simple pretty shape and I think it would be really flattering. I have bookmarked it! Thank you muchly =)

Craftiness NOW said...

hi percy handmade -- cool, let's definitely make them this year!!

oomph. said...

great list...and very specific. many of us make these general resolutions (eat healthy, exercise, yada yada) but smaller, specific goals are easier to attain. wish i had the time to do all of these fabulous things you're planning to do.

rockoomph.blogspot.com

Craftiness NOW said...

hi oomph, thanks for visiting! i wish i had a lot of time too, we'll see....!

Brandi said...

What a fantastic list! I'd love to take ballet lessons too, but nothing fits into my crazy schedule right now. Maybe once I move back to NYC. And keeping in touch with people is so important -- I love reading other people's blogs but I've been overwhelmed by so much lately, I'm only finally getting around to it. Good luck with everything you want to do this year!

Craftiness NOW said...

thanks, Brandi! ahhh, i feel so overwhelmed too, but i'd rather have more to do than less. that's cool that you're moving back to NYC!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...