Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Happy 01-11-11

I love thinking about dates -- maybe a little too much.  Like having a lot of New Year's resolutions, I tend to keep a lot of calendars. Walking by A.I. Friedman, I saw this gorgeous calendar in the window from Snow & Graham Letterpress and fell in love with it.  
Last year I made much simpler calendars here and here, but it's a busy week and I actually love each and every month's picture from Snow & Graham -- and that doesn't always happen with all 12!  Then of course, there's the Blackberry.
And a printed calendar at work -- and a CAT CALENDAR! from my friend Rachael.
And a page-a-day from my friend Carlie.  I like all of them for different reasons.  
And a few more things made me happy on this historic day -- we won't have another one like it til 11-11-11.  Surprise: there were still leftovers from my arrangement for Koru Kate.  I heart this saijo persimmon Voluspa candle, which reminds me of a delicious persimmon bellini recently.  Also have a project in mind for these other 2 candles...
Got the February issue of Martha Stewart Living -- yummy and gorgeous and chock full of inspiring Valentine's ideas -- love it!
That inspired me to get a red velvet cupcake from Sweet Hoboken, mmm.
And I finally bought flowering branches!  I longingly eyed the quince in the flower market last March so I was surprised to see it in the market today.  The salesman said it would continue blooming so it'll be nice to see what happens.

10 comments:

Percy Handmade said...

red velvet cupcake... mmmm....

Sandy a la Mode said...

yum!! the red velvet cupcake is calling my name.. i love that second calendar!

Craftiness NOW said...

thanks, ladies, it sure was a tasty cupcake :-)

MizzJ said...

Wow that cupcake is so perfect looking, it's hard to believe it's real haha

The calendars are so pretty! My friend makes handcrafted calendars as well, check out her pieces if you have time: hammypie.com

I'm glad that my post may help you with your blisters!

claire said...

Pretty photos! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Brandi said...

My brother bought me a calendar for Christmas and it finally arrived in the mail from Australia -- well, to him in NJ. Hopefully I'll have it here in California soon. But really, all my appointments and plans go onto my Google Calendar. It may not be as pretty as the rest, but it works well. And that red velvet cupcake looks delicious! Sweet Hoboken is on my list of places to visit when I get home to NJ again.

Craftiness NOW said...

hi MizzJ, your friend's site is really pretty! i CANNOT find the blistop in nyc!! maybe i can order it online.

thanks, claire, happy new year!

hi Brandi, that's a long way for a calendar to travel, cool! hope you're making a good list of crafty, yummy places to visit when you move :-)

J00CiiEx said...

love those flowers

Savoir Affaire said...

I'm loving the blackberry with the purple cover! Too cute~!

Craftiness NOW said...

thanks, Savoir Affaire, i actually just bought it off the street after finding out that best buy and verizon had discontinued it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...