Sunday, April 3, 2011

48 Cupcakes Later

Last weekend I made 48 cupcakes and somehow still had frosting left over!
For the first 24, I saw mention of Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes on The Cupcake Blog
which led to a post from Michelle Falletti at It's the Little Things in Life
and to the recipe at Annie's Eats.
The frosting was by Annie and the cake adapted from a recipe by Williams-Sonoma.
I didn't have time to make the lemonade syrup, which was ok because once I snuck a taste I found that the little cakes were so moist already.
Then frosting, topping with fresh strawberries and some lemon sugar (just granulated sugar with lemon zest that I keep in the fridge for things just like this).
And then time to pack them all up in my handy new cupcake holder, which can transport (and display) 2 dozen cupcakes!
And took them to my friend Shawn's Chili-Cook-Off where they won the blue ribbon for Best Side Dish, yay!
The next day I wanted to use up the yummy frosting and speed things along a bit, so I used Duncan Hines Strawberry Supreme Moist Deluxe mix to make 24 more cupcakes.
The mix was so, so pink!
So of course, the finished cakes were too.  And that was 48 cupcakes...and still frosting left over!  I took to eating it not-so-covertly with a spoon every once in a while right from the fridge and kept coming back for more...
And Mila was "helpful" as usual.  But what's not to love about leftover frosting?  Everyone could use a little more sweetness in their lives.

8 comments:

Amy said...

Jen those look soooo good. I love strawberry cupcakes! And I admit I have a weakness for the pink Duncan Hines mix, too.

Unknown said...

In the first photo the strawberries look like hearts & I thought you did that on purpose :-) All of the cupcakes look delish & worthy of the award!!

p.s. miss mila looks bigger & cuter (if possible)

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Wow! 48 cupcakes! You are an overachiever! They look very yummy. Did the kitty have any?

www.thegirlieblog.com

Amanda said...

Thanks for the shoutout Jen! The cupcakes look FAB! Congrats on your ribbon. You Rock!

Unknown said...

I am on a mission to try this recipe! These look absolutely amazing. :)

Craftiness NOW said...

hi Amy, yes, i was raised on cake mix haha, but my mom always made frosting from scratch, yummy!

thank you, Koru Kate! um, yea, i did the hearts on purpose, sorta, ;-) i was hoping they'd look like that to someone else too! thanks also for the kind words about mila, i'll whisper it in her little ear...

hi Girlie Blog, actually yes, she actually did swipe a nibble or 2 before i noticed!

Amanda, thanks for visiting! wow, a blog all about cupcakes, you are amazing, love checking in there!!

thanks, seth! try it indeed, good to see you here, i'll see you tonight at the event :-)

MadsaboutU said...

I am planning on making cupcakes for my DD's 4th bday and this is such a helpful post! Thanks!

Craftiness NOW said...

yay, nice, happy baking & party prep!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...