Monday, April 4, 2011

A Surprisingly Flowery Monday

Ah, the 1st Monday in April...started out cloudy, but now the sun is bright and shining and my office window is open...it all started out so calmly.
Scooped up some freesia from my favorite flower stand on the way to work.
Got some coffee in the kitchen where Michel, the pastry chef was creating roses.
Out of phyllo pie dough! (postscript: the phyllo unfortunately didn't work out, so pie dough was used instead :-)
Then I was asked to make a few arrangements for a tasting with __famous Museum X___, so I jumped at the chance of course.
And got 3 arrangements done in record time
to set on the dining table
which the account exec liked so much that he asked for another for the coffee table...and after a bit of rushing....
finished just before the clients arrived.  We started with a greenmarket salad with edible flowers:
pansies, broccoli flowers, nasturtiums, sweet peas and arugula flowers.
And ended with pear, lemon and raspberry macaroons on a tray decorated with ranunculus.
I made sure to leave some flowers for my friend Liz's desk.
And we have plenty in the walk-in-fridge for another day's adventures...

13 comments:

k said...

wow those phyllo dough roses are amazing!!! How can I find out more? Who's the maker and how do I get in touch?
thanks!

Unknown said...

I love big blooms. You're so talented and quick. The arrangements were simple but cheerful. I like!

Unknown said...

I love flowers so much. You are so talented!! I had to laugh at your cupcakes post yesterday.. I cant control myself! Theyd be gone in an evening

Suzanne said...

Hey Jen,
Can we switch jobs for a week? Being surrounded by gorgeous flowers and pastries would make my day! :)

ooh so pretty....hydrangea and ranunculus are my fave. And those roses are uniquely awesome!

youngmi said...

such beautiful roses! and i've never seen phyllo flowers before... i imagine you need a lot of patience and steady hands.

Craftiness NOW said...

hi kristin! thanks so much for visiting. love your posts on your blog and on martha's craft department blog!! i found out today that our pastry chef was making these roses with regular pie dough because the phyllo ended up being problematic but if you would like any additional information please let me know!

thanks, San Jose Love, i am SO happy it's finally spring! 72 and sunny in nyc today...

hi Hearthandmade, hysterical, i wish we could've had a cupcake party together.

thank you, suzanne! it would be great if you could come visit sometime!

thanks, youngmi!!

Helen said...

such gorgeous roses! Love the pastry ones, they're so detailed -- I'm impressed! :)

Suzanne said...

Hey Jen,
Yes, that would be fun! Where are you located? Don't worry, I'm not going to show up! I was just curious, because if I ever visited it would have to be during the work week. Just wanted to see how long it would take from Wiley. ;) Your office has so much 'life'!

Craftiness NOW said...

thanks, Helen! i'll tell the pastry chef how much you like them :-)

hi Suzanne, yes, definitely, i love visitors! would be great to have u come in, just have to find a time when i'll be here since i end up running around a lot. i'll e-mail u!

MadsaboutU said...

Hi Jen, another beautiful post from you. I have never tried my salad with edible flowers, just curious, are they as good as they look? I love those macaroons too! I hope you are having a great weekend!:)

Craftiness NOW said...

thanks, MadsaboutU, hey, we're just about up to another weekend again now! i've gotta get back here more often.

Creative Coquette said...

Reading your blog makes me happy :)

Crafty in the City. You should have a show. I would totally watch!

Craftiness NOW said...

oooo tv show, i like it. can i be the crafty kelly choi? heehe... ;-) it makes me happy to read that this makes you happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...