Friday, April 22, 2011

Hop To It!

I am waaaay too hopped up on Easter ideas and Cadbury Eggs to focus today (sorry for the bad pun, but I was up til 2 a.m. last night wrapping these crepe paper carrots from Martha Stewart -- they all have treats inside!)  I've got about 48 hours before my family's Easter celebration so I'll be a busy bunny.  Here's a round-up of only some of the amazing things I've seen on the web today, 
wish I had time for them all!  
from a Facebook post by Glorious Treats
-- phew, just want everyone to have credit!
Gorgeous upon gorgeous egg cookies from Alison of Ali-Bee's Bake Shop: these are all done BY HAND with a pastry bag and brush embroidery.  No stencil, no cookie press, just sunning.  My fave is the flowered one in the middle on the right, wow.
[by Stephaine Jessica Lau on All About Ami seen on Craftzine 
from a tweet by Whip Up retweeted by The Long Thread
-- really I just love how ideas are passed along
I so heart the expression on the faces of these amigurumi bunnies and the fabric that lines their ears. It's been a while since I did any crocheting, hmmm, maybe it's time to dig into the yarn stash.
I haven't tried felting before, but this makes me want to!  I love the colors and the little chick peeping out.  Cute egg crate too.  
[from Southern Living also seen on Pure Joy Events]
I think these beautiful eggs are just the right shade and the speckles are very pretty.  Last year I dyed my eggs a little too dark since I went out to take a walk while they were in their little bath.  
Ah well, it was a really pretty day.
[by Nikki, In Stitches on the Pure Joy Events roundup]
Nikki says these are simple, but I'm so impressed.  Need a lotta patience here, but they're very interesting.
Hey, did you know you can print out this "Kawaii Easter Kit" from Creative Mamma for free?!  I already printed her Spring To Do List and even though I haven't crossed everything off, it's too adorable to take down from my cork board.
[from Martha Stewart Living]
And I started this Martha Stewart pussy willow nest last night, but the stems I had are a little dry since I got them a while ago.  
Have to find some that are more bendy.

Phew, ok, I think that's enough just for now.  Gotta get some lunch and finish the work day so I can power through tonight: floral arrangements, strawberry frosted egg cake (like the award-winning cupcakes!), cookies, jell-o eggs, etc. etc...
and maybe some laundry too...it's been a while.

Happy Easter prepping!

5 comments:

Joy said...

Such an honor to be included among these wonderful finds! Thanks so much! :)

Unknown said...

Good luck Miss Busy Bunny! I hope you'll post your flowers, cake, cookies, etc. Best wishes to you & your family for a Happy Easter!

Victoria said...

Perfect projects to file away for next year. Thanks!

MadsaboutU said...

Awww...super cute! such great ideas!:)

Craftiness NOW said...

thanks, Joy, love your projects!

thank you, Koru Kate, so fun to see you this weekend and trade easter stories, haha

hi, Victoria, i know, i want to get to these one day too!

thank u, MadsaboutU, nice to see you here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...