Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Stitch in Time Saves Nine

Wow, it's been 9 days since the Martha Stewart sewing party!  My other visits to the Martha offices for their Tastemakers Event and Holiday Craft Sale were fun and this was another inspiring night. 
I went with my friend She Crafty, her co-worker Amy and we met another Amy as well. 
The event celebrated the release of the brand new Encyclopedia of Sewing and Fabric Crafts and the book was included in the admission price.
I loved the embroidery section since I've been getting into it these days.
This is embroidery with ribbons.
And little fruity cocktail napkins.
I'd like to learn about patchwork.
And quilting: this was a machine that could do it all by itself.
I love this thread from Gutermann: quite strong and such great colors.
These beautiful displays were sooo Martha, looked like they were right from the magazine.


And there was an area where you could make your own tomato pincushion.
This was a station about dyeing fabric with Rit Dye.
And there was one about stamping below.  We also met the talented Lotta Jansdotter who's teaching a class over the summer about fabric printing, wish I had snapped a pic of her too!
At the end there was a generously heavy gift bag with the book, magazines, scissors, threads, needles, coupons, dye and more!  And the towel on the upper left was machine embroidered at the party.  Now I really have to get started!

12 comments:

Sandy a la Mode said...

omg i am soo jealous you got to go to this!! i would LOVE a copy of her book and just all of these items here! =)

ChineseKite said...

This looks like a heavenly event to go. I wish I was there. I really like your hair. Do you mind sharing with me where you got it done? I am thinking of get my done when I am in NYC soon. Thanks.

jozen said...

i LOVE LOTTA!!!

you are one lucky girl!!

MadsaboutU said...

How fun! I want to try quilting, since I think I have way too many fabrics that I cut that I do not want throw away, that would be a perfect solution I think... And I must say you look great with the gray top :)

Unknown said...

That quilting machine looks AWESOME!

Btw... I just gave you a few blog awards!

http://junghwabyamystewart.blogspot.com/2010/04/aww-i-feel-special.html

Craftiness NOW said...

hi Sandy, yea, it's a great book, so much to learn, i'm really a sewing baby!

thanks, ChineseKite! the East Village here is a really Japanese area with lots of great places (for food and for haircuts ;-) i like pirka:
http://pirkahairsalon.com

thank you, jozen, would love to see if you've made some of lotta's projects!

aw, thanks, MadsaboutU! i agree: quilting must be a good way to use pieces up. it's cool when people put together swatches from items that have a special memory for them.

sweet, thanks, amy! i'll have to check that out :-)

its simple love said...

That looks like a lovely party! How inspirational! So jealous you went.
Also, I am having a giveaway for some argentine alpargata on my blog. Feel free to check it out :)

Rachael

Craftiness NOW said...

hi Rachael, thanks for visiting! i'll be sure to take a look, your blog is beautiful :-)

Iva Messy said...

how cute!! I LOVE IT!!!

Craftiness NOW said...

thanks, Iva, i'm glad you stopped by :-)

milk tea + polkadots said...

What an amazing gift bag! WOW.

Craftiness NOW said...

hi milk tea + polka dots, it was a great event!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...