Friday, June 10, 2011

Sheep & Strawberries

When my parents sent me pics of their trip to Valley Shepherd Creamery I liked them so much that they offered to take me too.  So I went to see the farm with 600 - 700 ewes who are bred with only 30 - 40 rams.  Interesting...they also have alpacas, goats, a horse and....


baby lambs!
In their Sheep Shop they sell many, many things made from sheep's milk and wool
including of course their cheeses.
I also bought some glow-in-the-dark sparkly sheep along with yogurt, gelato and butter.
Next it was on to Alstede Farms for pick-your-own strawberries.
We picked about 12.7 pounds from the fields, so next post will be about my adventure canning my first batch of strawberry jam!

2 comments:

Sarah chaffee said...

Stevie says he wants some glowing sheep! Looks so fun.

Craftiness NOW said...

thanks, Sarah, all the sheep fell off the ceiling, gotta get some better double-sided tape ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...